The following is a statement by the Yemen Center for Human Rights, issued on May 5, 2015, in regards to the continued Saudi-led Aggression on Yemen, which began on March 26, 2015:
Yemen is living under a humanitarian disaster in light of the continued aggression of the Saudi-led coalition raids and the imposed air, land, and sea blockade.
Saudi-led collation started a mission named (decisive storm) and they began their aggression on Yemen in several aspects:
1. Air raids targeting civilians all over the country:
the statistics since the beginning of the aggression ,(according to the civil coalition to mounter crimes of the aggression ), till last Thursday plus the latest statistics till today :
– Number of dead (1360)
-Number of injured (3457)
-Number of dead children (327)
– Number of dead women (340)
2. Targeting the infrastructure, state resources , and both public and private properties.
The Saudi-led aggression targeted residential areas , local markets ,food factories , gas station, schools, airports, food tankers and grain soils .Not to mention their pressing in targeting a lot of historical and archaeological sites which are dated to thousands of years.
According to the civil coalition to mouneter the aggression crimes , which Yemen center for human rights , is one of its members. Has stated this :
– Homes (75) -Mosques(25)
-Food stores(70) -Institute (85)
-Schools (35) -Governmental buildings(36)
– Hospitals(26) – Stadiums(10)
-Roads and Bridges(180) -Poultry farms (14)
-Airports(10) -Courts (8)
-Water projects (12) – Communication networks (in Saddah and Hajah are totally damaged)
-Embassies (15) – Archaeological sites (10)
-Cars(1200) – Food tankers (20)
-Gas tankers (35)
3.The use of banned weapon the Saudi-led coalition is using :
The human rights watch has issued a report on Sunday 3/5/2015 stating the use of cluster bombs on Yemen.
for more details http://www.hrw.org/ar/news/2015/05/03
4. The total blockade sea, land and air on Yemen for 40 days :
for 40 days the Yemeni people are living in a catastrophic situation due to the lack of all humanitarian necessities:
– Hospitals suffer from a catastrophic situation because of the lack of oxygen . the air led coalition has destroyed the only oxygen factory in Yemen which led to this disaster.
– Hospitals suffer from an a cute shortage of medicine due to the blockade , while the number of causalities is mounting due to the intensive and continues air strikes.
– Most medical equipment in hospitals are out of order because of the electrical blackout.
-No water supplies to all of Yemen due to the lack of fuel . this is making people live a catastrophic situation.
– Crisis of oil derivatives :
this crisis has created a catastrophe because everything in Yemen is depending on fuel. Factories, farms, labs, bakeries, cars, and water pumps all stopped due to the lack of fuel.
Yemen is depending on the exported wheat which is the main food resource in Yemen. Now because of the war Yemen is on the brink of starvation.
Despite all the calls to the humanitarian organizations , the international reports to the world, and how Yemen is heading to a catastrophe ;the coalition aggression ,the total blockade ,and the hold back of the aid coming from the Red Cross and other countries did not stop.
Issued by Yemen Center for Human Rights
5th May 2015